Gastritis with low acidity is characterized by inflammation of the gastric mucosa, which results in a decrease in the acidity of gastric juice, a decrease in its quantity and the ability to break up food. This type of gastritis is widespread among people of middle age group, as well as among elderly people, lovers of fatty, spicy food and lovers of alcoholic beverages.
The leading role in the diagnosis of this pathology is played by endoscopy with a biopsy of the gastric mucosa and intragastric pH-meter. The main directions of treatment of gastritis with low acidity are the prevention of the progression of atrophic processes, the restoration of the secretion of gastric glands, the normalization of the functioning of other organs of the digestive tract.
In this article we will consider all the nuances of gastritis with low acidity, its symptoms and treatment, as well as tell you about the recommended diet.
Why does gastritis with low acidity, and what is it? The causes of the disease can be both internal and external factors.
Most often the disease develops due to such conditions:
- disturbed diet, excessive consumption of hot, spicy, coarse foods;
- circulatory disorders due to heart disease;
- reduced oxygen supply to the body due to lung diseases;
- the use of strong alcoholic beverages in large quantities;
- autoimmune disorders;
- metabolic disorders and related diseases: metabolic disorders, gout;
- colitis, enteritis and other associated diseases of the gastrointestinal tract;
- endocrine diseases.
The atrophy of the gastric mucosa in gastritis with low acidity most often results in long-lasting Helicobacter pylori infection. Microorganisms initiate an inflammatory process in the epithelium, causing damage to the covering cells. The same structural changes occur when antibodies to the stomach membranes are exposed, which are formed in the body when there are failures in the immune system.
Atrophic gastritis with low acidity
There is a thinning of the mucous membrane, the tissues die off, lose their protective function. It is divided into antral, diffuse. A strong decrease in the level of acid in the stomach is the most dangerous condition because it can provoke cancer. T
Full-time causes of its development have not yet been established, but overeating, eating habits, hormonal preparations, and antibiotics as self-treatment play an important role.
Chronic gastritis with low acidity
Inflammation of the gastric mucosa with inhibition of cellular metabolism (metabolic and dystrophic disorders) and the glands that produce hydrochloric acid. A lack of hydrochloric acid also leads to a decrease in the enzymatic function of the stomach (hydrochloric acid activates the digestive enzymes).
As a result, food is digested incorrectly and develops a long-term and sluggish inflammatory process. Often in the initial stages of the disease gastritis occurs with high acidity, and then the glands that produce hydrochloric acid, atrophy and acidity decreases.
Symptoms of gastritis with low acidity
In the case of gastritis with low acidity, the symptoms are very diverse, and change with the course of the disease.
First comes the severity and dull pain in the epigastric region. Appears rumbling in the stomach and bloating, unpleasant taste in the mouth, nausea and frequent belching. The tongue in the central part is covered with white bloom. With the further course of the disease, without adequate treatment, the symptoms of metabolic disorder join:
- dry and fragile hair;
- dry skin;
- buns in the corners of the mouth;
- tongue plaque;
- weight loss;
- fatigue, headaches, decreased performance and sleep disorders.
Chronic gastritis with low acidity, also has secondary symptoms:
- heartbeat after eating;
- dizziness may occur;
- milk intolerance.
Sometimes heartburn may occur. It is caused by organic acids, which accumulate in the stomach, are thrown into the esophagus. At the same time, patients may experience an unpleasant "metallic" taste in the mouth, accompanied by increased salivation. After taking one of the enzyme preparations, such as Mezim, Festal, or Enzistal, the symptoms may go away for a while.
Diagnosis of gastritis with low acidity is carried out using methods such as:
- palpation of the epigastric region;
- endoscopic examination of the stomach;
- determination of the composition of gastric juice;
- Helicobacter pylori tests;
- blood test for enzymes;
- fecal examination;
- Ultrasound scan.
After a comprehensive examination, the doctor determines the cause, form and stage of gastritis with low acidity and, based on this, tells you how to treat low acidity in gastritis.
Treatment of gastritis with low acidity
In the case of diagnosis of gastritis with low acidity, treatment is always carried out in a complex. It usually combines several types of drug therapy and diet therapy.
The choice of the most optimal treatment regimen directly depends on the nature of the revealed violations of gastric secretion. Most often for gastritis with low acidity is assigned:
- Diet therapy - in the treatment of gastritis with low acidity, food should stimulate the secretion of gastric juice, without irritating the gastric mucosa.
- Stimulating therapy (treatment focused on increasing the production of hydrochloric acid, often prescribed drugs such as pentagastrin, calcium gluconate, cytochrome, etc.);
- Replacement therapy for secretory insufficiency. It is prescribed for the ineffectiveness of stimulant drugs. It includes the following medicines: diluted hydrochloric acid, pepsin, abomin, panzinorm forte and panzinorm.
- Vitamin therapy (usually included in the general medical treatment of any form of hypoacid gastritis to strengthen the immune system and prevent the development of hypovitaminosis in patients).
- Antibiotic therapy - when Helicobacter pylori is detected in the stomach, treatment with a complex of antibiotics is carried out: ampicillin, doxycycline, metronidazole or tynadazole. The course of treatment is determined individually and is 7-10 days;
- Symptomatic therapy - to reduce the clinical manifestations, cerrucal, raglan, or antispasmodics are prescribed: no-silo, spazmol, venter, and others.
Treatment of gastritis with low acidity should be carried out for a long time and comprehensively, and the patient will have to adhere to the principles of proper nutrition for the rest of his life, only this way it is possible to avoid the development of complications and preserve his health.
As mentioned earlier, it is the diet that is most important for any form of gastritis, including this one, so for a full treatment you need to eat right and follow a number of recommendations.
Among the products that should be the basis of the diet of a patient with low acidity should be highlighted:
- boiled meat and fish low-fat varieties;
- steamed meat and fish;
- durum wheat noodles;
- mashed potatoes;
- mineral water without gas;
- weak tea;
- milk products;
- very boiled porridge.
Excluded from the diet:
- fried foods
- salty, spicy,
- stringy meat
- grape juice.
The main goal of the diet is to create normal conditions for increasing the acidity of gastric juice, as well as the use of those foods that could be digested as simply as possible, minimizing the negative consequences in the form of exacerbation of the above symptoms.
How to treat folk remedies?
Today, there are many recipes for the treatment of gastritis, which are passed from generation to generation over several centuries. The most effective folk remedies may well replace or supplement therapy with medicines:
- Normal lingonberry normalizes gastric acidity, for this purpose tincture is prepared from it. To cook it, you need to brew berries in a glass of boiling water, take half an hour before eating. You can eat berries fresh at night.
- Butter and honey will help to normalize the acidity of the gastric juice. Mix in equal amounts, eat a tablespoon 3 times a day for 30-60 minutes before meals.
- Walnut. Used in the treatment of gastritis with low acidity. Alcoholic tincture of unripe walnuts very well increases acidity. 15 walnut fruit cut into small pieces and pour 0.5 liters of vodka. Recommend insist at room temperature, in a glass jar, 15 days. The tincture has a pleasant smell and is stored for a long time.
- Effective is a tool based on burdock root, for this you need to take the root - a teaspoon, 400 ml of boiling water, to insist day. Drink half an hour before meals.
- Seeds of oats. Wash thoroughly, pour 20 g of oats with a glass of boiling water. Insist 2-3 hours. A day drink at least 2 glasses 15 minutes before meals.
- Gooseberry to take with pain and as a laxative. One tablespoon of gooseberry fruit is poured over a glass of boiling water, and boil for 15 minutes. 1/3 cup 3 times a day.
Physiotherapy and spa treatment
To stimulate the production of acid at low acidity, decimeter electromagnetic waves or sinusoidal modulated currents are prescribed.
Treatment in a sanatorium is indicated during remission of the disease. Doctors recommend resorts: Essentuki, Truskavets, Staraya Russa, Morshyn, where in addition to physiotherapeutic procedures it is advisable to use mineral water (chloride, hydrocarbonate-chloride, sodium).