Biting in the corners of the mouth can deliver a lot of discomfort. In addition, they also spoil the look. You have to forget about lipstick, reject sour, spicy and salty foods, it becomes painful to talk.
In medicine, this disease is called angulitis, and if the treatment of this ailment is not started on time, then bleeding wounds, crusts and ulcers may appear. Most often, bunches in the corners of the mouth appear in spring and winter. In most cases, the occurrence of the bollard signals the body's lack of B vitamins.
How to quickly cure zedy in the corners of the mouth at home, what reasons provoke the occurrence of zade in adults, we consider in this article.
Causes of buns in the corners of the mouth
In adults, the primary factor of inflammation with the formation of cracks in the corners of the mouth are microbes: streptococci lead to the appearance of streptococcal bunches, and fungi of the genus Candida, candidiascotic, or yeast bunches. These pathogens are conditionally pathogenic, are part of the normal microflora of the human body, but with a decrease in the protective functions of the immune system cause limited inflammation of the upper layer of the skin and the mucous epithelium.
Zayed, as a manifestation of disease:
- iron deficiency and other types of anemia;
- liver disease;
- lack of vitamins A, B, B2, C, E.;
- immunodeficiency states (reduced immunity);
- prolonged increase in body temperature;
- courses of hormone therapy with glucocorticoids, immunosuppressants, cytostatics.
Zayedy, as an independent symptom may occur as a result of:
- use unwashed dishes;
- the use of unwashed vegetables and fruits;
- constant licking of the lips, the corners of the mouth and stagnation of saliva;
- violation of the rules of hygienic care for the oral cavity;
- squeezing pimples and scratching the skin in the corners of the mouth;
There are a huge number of factors that can trigger the occurrence of food in the corners of the mouth in adults. It is very important to recognize in due time which of them takes place in your case. To do this, you need to try to analyze your lifestyle on your own, remember what you have been ill with in the last 2-3 weeks, and if you have any further symptoms.
If, even after all this, you cannot conclude what could have caused cracks in the corners of your mouth, it is better to seek help from a therapist.
The appearance of a nibble begins with redness at the corners of the mouth. Further bubbles appear, filled with pus. Intentional opening or accidental damage to the bubble leads to the appearance of small cracks, purulent fluid from the bubble covers the cracks and forms a crust.
Often, when a bubble is damaged, not only pus appears, but also blood - in this case, the crust becomes brown and very painful: burning, pain when touching, eating, opening the mouth, it is difficult for women to paint their lips with lipstick.
Bits in the corners of the mouth: photo
How this disease looks like, we offer to view detailed photos.
Treatment of buns in the corners of the mouth
In adults, it is possible to quickly cure the food in the corners of the mouth if the cause of their occurrence is precisely established. For infections, fungi, or drug reactions, only a specialist can prescribe treatment. If angulite is a consequence or symptom of a disease, then its treatment should also be monitored by a doctor.
During therapy, you should follow the general recommendations:
- Stop licking your lips;
- Remove from the diet all spicy, sour, salty;
- Eat vitamin complex;
- Stop smoking and alcohol;
- Use the simplest hygienic lipstick (to combat dry skin around the mouth);
- The menu should contain foods rich in vitamin B2 and iron. These include: cabbage, liver, meat, dairy products, potatoes, nuts.
It is possible to get rid of streptococcal infections only after treatment with ointments, which include antibacterial drugs:
- Tetracycline - lubricate the corners of the lips 2-3 times a day during the week;
- Levomekol - applied to the affected area 2 times a day, the course of treatment is 7-10 days.
- D-panthenol - used similarly to the previous one.
- Teymurov's paste - put 1 time a day within 3-4 days.
- Iruksol - smeared 2 times a day, after having treated the wound with a solution of sodium chloride, the course of treatment is until recovery.
Fungal bunches are treated with anti-mycotic ointments and creams.
- Sulfur-salicylic - applied 2 times a day until recovery;
- Nystatin - applied 2 times a day, the duration of treatment from 10 to 14 days;
- Levorin - applied 2 times a day, the duration of treatment from 7 to 10 days.
For the treatment of zaed that appeared as a result of licking the lips (often in children), it is sufficient to use paraffin-based ointments, such as petroleum jelly.
How to treat zadyy folk remedies
If zadyy arose as an independent symptom, you can try some folk remedies for home treatment.
- The cracks are recommended to be lubricated with the following oils: sea buckthorn, olive, linseed, and also with oil oil of vitamin E.
- You can make a healing ointment: mix half a teaspoon of honey, a couple drops of vitamin A and vitamin E, add 5 drops of fish oil.
- You can also try sulfur from your own ear. Carefully remove it with a cotton swab and apply it on the wound.
- Propolis is a universal bactericidal and anti-inflammatory agent. You can treat the buns with propolis as follows: mix 100 g of butter and 10 g of propolis, heat the mixture in a water bath and make lotions several times a day.
- Tea tree oil also has a bactericidal, healing property. Moisten the cracks with a wetted cotton swab more often, they will soon tighten.
- Brewing strong tea, you can make lotions out of it.
In order to continue to bother you at the corners of your mouth, periodically you need to enrich your diet with fermented milk products and vegetables. And from salty, spicy and sour food is generally better to give up. If the cause of the disease were fungi, then you will have to refrain from sweets. In wind and cold weather, be sure to lubricate your lips with hygienic lipstick.