The structure of the female genitourinary system compels the representatives of the fair sex in their lives to encounter various types of vaginal discharge. They are liquid and cheesy, differ in odors from barely perceptible to offensive, and the discharge has different shades (from yellow to brown-black).
Pink discharge may be normal, and there may be pathology, it all depends on the nature of the discharge. If the discharge has a non-standard color, they are thick and abundant, then this may be a sign that a woman is progressing some kind of inflammatory process, or there is some kind of infection of the reproductive system.
If you have noticed the appearance of non-standard and previously unobservable secretions, you should consult a gynecologist in order to exclude the presence of diseases and pathologies, or if there are any, then a doctor's examination will help identify them in time and in time, without serious consequences.
Causes of pink discharge
What could it be? If you notice that there is a pink discharge before menstruation or in the middle of the cycle, this means that there is a small amount of blood in the white. And it can be dangerous to your health.
In a woman, a number of factors can cause a change in the color of the discharge to pink:
- Hormonal contraceptives. This is one of the most characteristic side effects encountered when taking these drugs.
- Also, the intrauterine device, contraceptive patches or vaginal rings with combined contraceptives can provoke the appearance of pink discharge.
- If you see a pink discharge after an act with a sexual partner, it may be bleeding cervical erosion due to contact with the male sex organ. However, this happens as a result of vaginal microcracks due to intense sexual relations.
- Pink discharge in the middle of the cycle may indicate a hormonal decline before ovulation. If they are regular at the same time, their number is insignificant, then this can mean rejection of the endometrium during the period of ovulation. In this case, there is no problem, the presence of such secretions simply indicates that ovulation has taken place.
- Pink discharge, which appears two or three days before menstruation, is considered the norm. Then they go into normal menstruation and continue for another two or three days after it ends.
- In some women, a small amount of pink mucus appears during ovulation. During this period, hormones change, and because of the high level of estrogen, a small part of the mucous membrane is rejected.
- Pink discharge may occur due to insufficient thyroid activity. This disease state appears due to the fact that hormones are unstable, which provoke various diseases that develop due to hormonal disruption. It can also cause severe stress.
- One of the signs of pregnancy in the early stages.
If you find yourself in pink discharge before menstruation, in the middle of the cycle or during pregnancy, especially when they are supported by abdominal pain, itching in the perineum, and the discharge has an unpleasant smell, you have an occasion for an urgent visit to the gynecologist. Any disease is easier to treat at an earlier date.
If such secretions are not accompanied by any disturbing symptoms, such as abdominal pain, nausea, or fever, there is no reason for panic. In this case, it is necessary to eliminate the provoking factors, if any, and also to visit the gynecologist for a routine examination.
The appearance of pink discharge may indicate certain diseases of the female genital tract.
They can occur when:
- Endocervicitis and cervical erosion;
- Polypsy endometrium and cervix;
- Benign and malignant neoplasms.
In order to find out the cause of the appearance of pink discharge, you need to consult a doctor. After examination, the doctor will prescribe all necessary tests and studies to identify or exclude various diseases. If any pathology is detected, the doctor will prescribe a treatment.
Light pink discharge during pregnancy
The presence of pale pink discharge during pregnancy in the first trimester should not cause much concern, since during this period there is a complete restructuring of the whole organism - in the female genitals, rapid development of additional vessels is observed, and mucous membranes become more susceptible.
Often, light pink discharge in early pregnancy suggests microtraumas of the mucous membrane. For example, after sexual intercourse, after an ultrasound examination with a vaginal sensor, after an examination by a gynecologist using mirrors.
In addition, increased vulnerability appears in cervical erosion, they also begin to bleed slightly after minor injuries. Therefore, in the beginning of pregnancy, it is desirable to reduce the number of sexual contacts and conduct them as carefully as possible.
More dangerous is the presence of bleeding at any stage of pregnancy. The presence of bleeding in early pregnancy says either that the woman has a high probability of miscarriage, or she has already been interrupted, and the fetus with shells comes out.
At a late period of pregnancy, bleeding from the genital talk about placental abruption. This symptom is a reason for immediate treatment to the doctor, otherwise the mother and the fetus may die from bleeding. Pink-brown discharge during pregnancy can be observed with missed abortion, endometriosis of the uterus, as well as with developing ectopic (tubal) pregnancy.
Pink discharge after menstruation
Minor mucous discharge after menstruation can be considered as a variant of the norm. The color of such secretions can vary from dark brown to pink or transparent. The pink color of the discharge in most cases is due to blood, a small amount of which still continues to be released at the end of menstruation.
What to do?
If you find a pink discharge and feel itchy in the perineum, pain in the abdomen, and the discharge itself has an unpleasant odor, immediately consult a doctor.
After all, the sooner you begin treatment, the sooner you get rid of the problem. And remember, only through the timely receipt of the necessary drugs you can avoid complications.