Tablets Ketonal has anti-inflammatory, antipyretic and analgesic effect, refers to NSAIDs. Uses for various pain syndromes and inflammatory processes of various etiologies.
The active substance inhibits the production of bradykinin and prostaglandins, stabilizes the functioning of lysosomal membranes. At the same time, ketoprofen does not adversely affect the condition of the cartilage of the joints.
On this page you will find all the information about Ketonal: complete instructions for use for this drug, average prices in pharmacies, complete and incomplete analogues of the drug, as well as reviews of people who have already used Ketonal. Want to leave your opinion? Please write in the comments.
Pharmacy sales terms
It is released without a prescription.
How much is Ketonal? The average price in pharmacies is 200 rubles.
Release form and composition
Ketonal tablets 50 mg - biconvex round shape, coated in dark glass bottles of 20 pcs. in carton box.
- Each tablet contains 100 mg of ketoprofen.
- Excipients: magnesium stearate, colloidal anhydrous silicon dioxide, povidone, corn starch, purified talcum, lactose monohydrate.
- Tablet shell: hypromellose E464, macrogol 400, indigotin E132 blue dye, E171 titanium dioxide, purified talc, carnauba wax.
The active ingredient of Ketonal - ketoprofen - belongs to the group of NSAIDs and has an analgesic, anti-inflammatory and antipyretic effect. The mechanism of Ketonal's action is associated with the blockade of E2 prostaglandins, suppression of COX (cyclooxygenase) activity, inhibition of bradykinin synthesis and stabilization of lysosomal membranes.
All these effects of Ketonal provide its high anti-inflammatory activity, as a result of which manifestations of inflammatory and degenerative diseases are reduced and a persistent analgesic effect is provided. After oral administration, Ketonal is rapidly absorbed in the gastrointestinal tract, the maximum concentration in the blood is reached after 1.5 - 2 hours after taking the usual tablets and 4-6 hours after taking the tablets with prolonged action.
If Ketonal is used rectally, then the maximum concentration of the drug is achieved even faster, after 65-80 minutes, with intravenous administration, the maximum concentration is reached within 5 minutes. Ketonal does not cumulate and does not need dose adjustment, depending on the age of the patient. The half-life is about 2 hours, Ketonal is excreted mainly by the liver (approximately 90%). In the presence of renal failure, the elimination of Ketonal slows down by about 1 hour, so patients with renal insufficiency require dose adjustment.
Indications for use
Ketonal is a nonsteroidal antirheumatic drug with anti-inflammatory, analgesic and antipyretic effects. It is used to relieve pain in a number of pain syndromes and to treat inflammatory, degenerative, and metabolic rheumatic diseases.
Indications for use Pain:
- painful menstruation;
- pain due to bone metastases in patients with tumors.
- rheumatoid arthritis;
- gout, pseudogout; osteoarthritis;
- ankylosing spondylitis, psoriatic arthritis, reactive arthritis;
- extraarticular rheumatism (tendonitis, bursitis, capsulitis of the shoulder joint).
Contraindications to the use of all forms of ketonal are:
- III trimester of pregnancy;
- Children's age is younger than 15 years;
- Hypersensitivity to the active substance or auxiliary components of the drug, as well as salicylates or other NSAIDs.
Tablets, capsules, solution and suppositories are contraindicated in cases of:
- UCK, Crohn's disease;
- Severe liver failure;
- Severe renal failure;
- Hemophilia and other bleeding disorders;
- Progressive kidney disease;
- Uncompensated heart failure;
- Chronic dyspepsia;
- Breastfeeding period;
- The postoperative period after coronary artery bypass surgery;
- Gastrointestinal, cerebrovascular and other bleeding (or suspected bleeding);
- A history of bronchial asthma, rhinitis or urticaria caused by taking acetylsalicylic acid or other NSAIDs;
- Peptic ulcer and 12 duodenal ulcer in the acute phase.
Tablets, capsules, suppositories and Ketonal solution are prescribed with caution when:
- Renal failure;
- Chronic heart failure;
- Blood disorders;
- A peptic ulcer in the anamnesis;
- A history of bronchial asthma;
- Progressive liver disease;
- Anamnestic data on the development of gastrointestinal lesions;
- The presence of Helicobacter pylori infection;
- Elderly patients;
- Pregnancy in the I and II trimester;
- Hereditary intolerance to galactose, fructose, lactase deficiency lapp, glucose-galactose malabsorption syndrome, sucrose-isomaltase deficiency;
- The use of concomitant therapy with antiplatelet agents, anticoagulants, selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors, oral GCS;
- Clinically expressed cardiovascular, cerebrovascular diseases and diseases of peripheral arteries.
Use during pregnancy and lactation
Inhibition of prostaglandin synthesis may have an undesirable effect on the course of pregnancy and / or on embryonic development. The data obtained during epidemiological studies with the use of inhibitors of prostaglandin synthesis in early pregnancy confirm the increased risk of spontaneous abortion and the formation of heart defects (about 1-1.5%).
Appointment of the drug to pregnant women in the I and II trimesters of pregnancy is possible only if the advantages to the mother justify the possible risk to the fetus.
Ketoprofen is contraindicated in pregnant women during the third trimester of pregnancy due to the possibility of developing weakness of the uterine generic activity and / or premature closure of the ductus arteriosus, a possible increase in bleeding time, lack of water and renal failure.
At present, there is no data on the release of ketoprofen into breast milk, so if you need to use ketoprofen of a nursing mother, you should decide whether to stop breastfeeding.
Instructions for use
The instructions for use indicate that Ketonal is taken orally.
Capsules or tablets should be swallowed whole during or after a meal, drinking water or milk (the volume of the liquid should be at least 100 ml).
- The maximum dose of ketoprofen is 200 mg / day.
- Capsules 50 mg: usually prescribed 1-2 capsules. 2-3 times / day.
- Tablets, film coated, 100 mg: usually prescribed for 1 tab. 2 times / day.
Ketonal in these dosage forms for oral administration can be combined with the use of rectal suppositories; for example, a patient may take 1 capsule (50 mg) in the morning and in the middle of the day and enter 1 suppository (100 mg) rectally in the evening; or the patient can take 1 film-coated tablet (100 mg) in the morning and enter 1 suppository (100 mg) rectally in the evening.
- Tablets of prolonged action, 150 mg: prescribed by 1 tab. 1 time / day
The maximum daily dose (including the use of various dosage forms) is 200 mg.
With systemic and rectal use:
- Nervous system: infrequently - fatigue, nervousness, headache, drowsiness, dizziness, nightmares; rarely - migraine, paresthesia, peripheral neuropathy; frequency is unknown - a violation of taste, convulsions, hallucinations, speech disorder, disorientation;
- Blood and lymphatic system: rarely - leukopenia, hemorrhagic anemia; frequency unknown - thrombocytopenia, agranulocytosis, impaired bone marrow function;
- Immune system: frequency unknown - anaphylactic reactions;
- The digestive system: often - abdominal pain, dyspepsia, nausea, vomiting; infrequently - abdominal distension, diarrhea or constipation, gastritis; rarely - stomatitis, peptic ulcer; very rarely - perforation, gastrointestinal bleeding, exacerbation of Crohn's disease or ulcerative colitis;
- Cardiovascular system: frequency is unknown - tachycardia, hypertension, heart failure, vasodilation;
- Respiratory system: rarely - laryngeal edema, nosebleeds, asthma; frequency is unknown - rhinitis, bronchospasm (especially in patients who have hypersensitivity to NSAIDs);
- Liver and biliary tract: rarely - increased levels of bilirubin and liver enzymes, hepatitis;
- Urinary system: very rarely - nephrotic syndrome, interstitial nephritis, abnormal values of renal function, acute renal failure;
- Skin: Infrequently - itching and rash; frequency is unknown - alopecia, erythema, photosensitization, urticaria, bullous rash, angioedema, toxic epidermal necrolysis;
- Sense organs: rarely - tinnitus, blurred vision, change in taste, conjunctivitis;
- Other: infrequently - fatigue, edema; rarely - hemoptysis, metrorrhagia, weight gain.
- Local reactions when using suppositories: irritation of the mucous membrane, burning sensation and loose stools.
An overdose of oral forms is manifested in the form of nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, vomiting with blood, melena, impaired consciousness, respiratory depression, seizures, renal dysfunction, renal failure.
In this case, gastric lavage, activated carbon, symptomatic therapy, taking histamine H2-receptor blockers, proton pump inhibitors, prostagladin inhibitors are indicated. The specific antidote is not known.
Tablets and capsules can be taken with milk or antacids (for example, Almagel, Maalox, Phosphalugel, etc.), since these substances do not affect the absorption of the active component of Ketonal and at the same time help reduce the likelihood of development of complications and side effects from the digestive tract.
With prolonged use of Ketonal (more than 1 week), it is necessary to regularly take a complete blood count, as well as monitor the performance of the kidneys and liver. Particular attention should be paid to the blood, liver and kidney counts while taking Ketonal in elderly people over 65 years of age.
Ketonal must be carefully used in the presence of hypertension and heart disease in a person, which are combined and mated with edema. In these cases, during the entire course of the use of Ketonal it is necessary to constantly monitor the level of blood pressure.
- In combination with other NSAIDs, salicylates, GCS and ethanol, the risk of bleeding in the gastrointestinal tract is increased.
- Ketonal increases the concentration of cardiac glycosides, slow calcium channel blockers, lithium preparations, cyclosporine, methotrexate with simultaneous use.
- In combination with anticoagulants, thrombolytics, antiplatelet agents, the risk of bleeding increases.
- When taken concomitantly with diuretics or ACE inhibitors, the risk of impaired renal function is increased.
- When administered orally, the drug reduces the effect of diuretics and antihypertensive agents, enhances the action of hypoglycemic and some anticonvulsants.
- The drug can reduce the effectiveness of mifepristone, so you should maintain an interval between courses of 8-12 days.
We picked up some reviews from people about Ketonal:
- Anna. “Ketanol” itself I take only in very extreme cases, mainly due to toothache, after going to the dentist, when it is necessary to endure two days, and the strength and desire left me a long time ago. I know that it is very harmful, and about the fact that there are no side effects - this is not so. When breastfeeding, the doctor recommended a couple of days to take ketanol as an anesthetic after tooth extraction, but noted that while I was taking this drug, in no case should I breastfeed and be sure to express milk. Well, not counting that after taking it, I have a terrible condition: heartburn, nausea. But with severe pain, only he saves me.
- Natalia. Ketonal is an excellent pain killer, without it I would literally not have survived the critical days. And with him the pain goes away after a maximum of 20 minutes - and again you can work and live as if nothing had happened. From toothache, he also perfectly helps and acts after a day - checked on himself. Regarding the price - yes, it is not the cheapest of the offered ones, but it is much more efficient than the same shpy, the duration of which can reach up to one hour. I always carry it with me just in case. Recommend!
- Lydia What can I say, ketoneal more than once rescued me with various inflammations and pains. So I recently decided to resort to it when the pain in the knee (gonarthrosis) and in the hands of both hands (inflammation of the tendons) became intolerable and no physical procedures and gels could cope. I bought a pill package of 150 mg, I took it according to the instructions, 1 time once a day. The pain disappeared already on the 2nd day of admission. But on the 3rd day there was a severe allergic reaction in the form of a skin rash, the administration of the drug had to be stopped. As the saying goes: “one heals, and the other cripples”.
Structural analogues of the active substance:
- Ketoprofen Organic;
- Arketal Rompharm;
- Ketoprofen Vramed;
- Ketoprofen MW;
- Fastum gel;
- Flamaks forte;
Before using analogues consult your doctor.
Storage conditions and shelf life
Ketonal should be stored in a dark, dry place, where the air temperature does not exceed 250C.