Neosmectin is a remedy that is mainly used to treat diarrhea of various origins.
Neosmectin also has an adsorbing therapeutic effect. It helps to increase the amount of mucus and stabilize the mucous barrier in the area of the gastrointestinal tract.
Due to the dioctahedral smectite contained in the preparation, it has a fast antidiarrheal effect, and the result is felt immediately after the first dose.
Available in soluble powder with various flavors.
Antidiarrheal drug with adsorbing action.
Pharmacy sales terms
It is released without a prescription.
How much does neosmectin cost in pharmacies? The average price is at 130 rubles.
Release form and composition
Neosmectin is produced in the form of a powder for the preparation of a suspension for oral administration (vanilla, lemon, raspberry or orange): from grayish or yellowish-white to brownish or grayish-yellow, with a vanilla odor; The prepared suspension has a powder color and an odor corresponding to the flavor (in bags of 3.76 g, 10 or 30 bags in a carton box (vanilla), 1, 3, 5, 10, 20 or 30 bags in a carton pack or plastic bags ( lemon), 10 packets of a cardboard bundle (raspberry and orange)).
The structure of 1 package includes:
- Active ingredient: Dioctahedral smectite - 3000 mg;
- Auxiliary components (vanilla / lemon / raspberry / orange): dextrose monohydrate (glucose monohydrate) - 749/726/726/726 mg; sodium saccharin (sodium saccharin) - 7/7/7/7 mg; vanillin - 4/4/4/4 mg; lemon flavor - 0/23/0/0 mg; raspberry flavoring - 0/0/23/0 mg; orange flavoring - 0/0/0/23 mg.
Neosmectin is an effective antidiarrheal drug of natural origin, which has an adsorbing effect. The use of the drug contributes to the stabilization of the mucous barrier, the formation of polyvalent bonds with mucus glycoproteins, the improvement of the gastroprotective properties of mucus (in relation to the action of bile salts, hydrochloric acid, microorganisms and their toxins), as well as an increase in the amount of mucus.
This tool has a selective sorption effect, which is caused by the discoid-crystal structure of the drug. However, this tool adsorbs bacteria and viruses that are in the lumen of the gastrointestinal tract. The drug used in therapeutic doses, has no direct effect on intestinal motility.
Indications for use
What does the medicine help? Neosmectin is effective in diarrhea of various origin, accompanying gastrointestinal pathology:
- When liquid stool, resulting from an infectious pathology of the intestine and accumulation of toxins in the gastrointestinal tract.
- If diarrhea is the result of an allergic reaction of the body to drugs or certain foods.
- When food poisoning as a result of the use of products of dubious quality, accompanied by bloating and diarrhea.
The powder is recommended in the complex treatment of enteritis, colitis, ulcers, infectious diarrhea and other diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, accompanied by heartburn, belching, abdominal distension and pain syndrome.
The drug should not be taken with:
- intestinal obstruction, constipation;
- diabetes, as part of the glucose;
- individual intolerance to the components of the drug - fructose, glucose, dioctahedral smectite.
The tool can affect the rate of absorption of the intestine, so between taking Neosmectin and other drugs should take some time, at least an hour. Among the side effects can also be distinguished constipation, allergic manifestations. When the dosage is exceeded, there are cases of peristalsis.
Use during pregnancy and lactation
Negative effects on the fetus during pregnancy and the baby during lactation were not identified. In addition, it is known that the drug is not absorbed into the blood, and therefore the use of this drug during pregnancy and lactation is allowed, but before that you should hold a medical consultation.
The course of treatment during pregnancy should not be more than three days, because it can cause the formation of constipation, which is not uncommon in this situation.
Dosage and method of use
The instructions for use indicate that the suspension is taken orally. The recommended dose of the adsorbent per day, depending on age:
- Children under 1 year old - 1 sachet;
- Children 1-2 years old - 2 sachets;
- Children 2-12 years old - 2-3 sachets;
- Adults and children over 12 years old - 3 sachets.
- The daily dose is divided into 3-4 doses.
Powder gradually pour into the liquid and stir evenly:
- Adults and children over 12 years old are prescribed 3 g (1 sachet) 3 times / day. The contents of the bag are dissolved in 100 ml of water, gradually pouring the powder and stirring it evenly.
- Children under the age of 12 years, the contents of the bag is dissolved in 50 ml of liquid. Children under the age of 1 year appoint 3 g (1 sachet) per day; at the age of 1-2 years - 6 g (2 sachets) per day; over 2 years old - 6-9 g (2-3 sachets) per day. The daily dose is divided into 3-4 doses during the day.
When using Neosmectin, according to patients, it is sometimes possible the development of constipation. Observation of this side effect requires a reduction in the dosage of the drug, usually this is sufficient to restore the activity of the intestine.
Also, taking the medication can provoke allergic reactions; in such cases, you should stop using the suspension and consult a doctor.
Cases of overdose in clinical practice is not marked, since there is no systemic absorption of the drug.
Before you start using the drug, read the specific instructions:
- The interval between taking the drug Neosmectin and other medicines should be 1-2 hours.
- For small children, the contents of the bag are dissolved in a baby bottle (50 ml) and distributed into several doses throughout the day, or mixed with some semi-liquid product (porridge, mashed potatoes, compote, baby food).
- In the event that a single dose is less than 1 sachet, the prepared unused suspension should be stored in a closed container in a refrigerator at a temperature of 2-8 ° C for no more than 16 hours. Before each use, the suspension should be thoroughly shaken.
- 1 sachet of Neosmectin (3.76 g) contains 0.06 XE, the daily dose for adults (3 sachets) is 0.19 XE.
Reduces the rate and extent of absorption of simultaneously taken drugs.
We picked up some reviews of people using the drug Neosmectin:
- Anna. I use Neosmectin for constipation in a child, we are 7 months old with a tail, the drug is well tolerated, I add to baby food. Problems with constipation quickly resolved.
- Sasha. Neosmectin was used for food allergies, the drug was prescribed by the local pediatrician. I can describe the action as satisfactory, but ha that kind of money can be bought and something cheaper and of no less quality. True, there are not so many side effects that are captivating, and the medicine fits very small, which is also very important if there are children in the family.
- Alice. Good drug, often rescued with diarrhea. I did not find the difference between him and the smekta, so I’m looking at what is cheaper for the price, I take it. Often, neosmectin at a price wins, otherwise when dissolved in water, the same gray clay, which is nasty to drink.
Structural analogues of the active substance:
- Dioectadics smectite.
Before using analogues consult your doctor.
Which is better: Neosmectin or Smecta?
This question is often asked in specialized forums. At the same time, experts say that there is no particular difference between these drugs, apart from the price and the country of the manufacturer. The basis of each of these drugs is dioctahedral smectite or diosmectite. Therefore, Smecta and Neosmectin are equally effective.
Storage conditions and shelf life
According to the instructions to Neosmektinu it should be stored no more than 4 years from the date of issue, at a temperature below 25 ° C.