Rumalon - solution for injection in diseases of the musculoskeletal system.
It helps to slow the progression of osteoporosis - diseases of the joints, accompanied by thinning of cartilage and changes in the shape of the surface of the joint. The drug is an extract made from cartilage and bone marrow tissue of calves.
Rumalon promotes the synthesis of glycosaminoglycans and cartilage collagen, while reducing the activity of enzymes, due to which the articular cartilage is thinning. Slows the development of osteoporosis.
Glucosaminoglycan-peptide complex. It belongs to the group of active biogenic stimulants of animal origin, has a pronounced chondroprotective (protective) effect
Terms of sale from pharmacies
Can be bought without a doctor's prescription.
How much is rumalon in pharmacies? The average price is at the level of 1,250 rubles.
Composition and release form
Rumelon is produced in the form of a solution for intramuscular administration: clear, yellowish-brown to pale yellow with a brownish tinge, with the smell of metacresol (1 or 2 ml in ampoules of light-protective glass; 5 ampoules in a contour cellular packaging; 1 or 2 packs or 5 or 10 ampoules with a scarifier or ampulla knife complete in a carton box.
The composition of 1 ml of the solution includes the active ingredient: an extract of bone marrow and cartilage of young animals - 25 mg.
It has the ability to stimulate the process of restoration of cartilage tissue in the joints. With the use of rumalon, the production of glycosaminoglycans and collagen is increased, which are the main "building blocks" of connective tissue of cartilage.
The drug normalizes the process of nutrients in the cartilage and inhibits the activity of enzymes that destroy cartilage tissue.
Indications for use
This chondroprotector is prescribed for degenerative diseases of cartilage tissues:
- gonarthrosis (deforming arthrosis of the knee joint);
- coxarthrosis (osteoarthritis of the hip joint);
- chondromalacia patella;
- spondylosis and spondyloarthrosis, ankylosing spondylitis;
- knee joint meniscopathy;
- arthrosis of small joints (fingers, legs);
- other osteoarthritis (ankle, shoulder joints, etc.).
Rumalon is contraindicated in case of individual intolerance or hypersensitivity to its components. The drug is not prescribed to patients with rheumatoid arthritis.
Appointment during pregnancy and lactation
Doctors are not allowed to give injections to pregnant women in any trimester. The drug may by its side effects weaken the body and harm the child. Also, you can not breastfeed and simultaneously undergo therapy with Roumalon.
If treatment is necessary, then the woman should refuse breastfeeding. Otherwise, the substance of the drug through the milk get to the baby. This will lead to severe allergies and health complications.
Dosage and method of use
As indicated in the instructions for use, rumalon solution should be injected deep intramuscularly.
The recommended dosing regimen, if there are no other appointments:
- first day - 0.3 ml;
- second day - 0.5 ml;
- the third day and beyond - 1 ml 3 times a week.
The course of therapy is 5-6 weeks. Repeated treatment may be prescribed by the attending physician after consultation, using the same regimen.
Among the possible side effects of the drug can be identified:
- Allergic rash on the skin;
- Gastrointestinal disorder;
- The drug can cause disorders of the nervous system;
- Dyspeptic disorders.
Hyperemia or swelling may also occur at the site of injection of the medicinal fluid. As a rule, these phenomena and other allergic reactions soon pass on their own.
Overdose cases are unknown, possibly increasing side effects.
According to the research results, a relatively rapid onset of the clinically significant effect of the drug was noted.
The effect of 1 course of therapy lasts for 7-12 months.
Interaction with other drugs
The interaction of Rumalon with other medicinal substances / preparations was not detected. Drug therapy is allowed in combination with physiotherapy treatment.
We offer you to read the reviews of people who used the drug Rumalon:
- Katerina. I wonder how long you need to wait for the effect. Passed the full course prescribed by a doctor, at least a little help. It feels like just physical. solution pierced and that's it. Not a gram easier.
- Nataliya. It helps, I almost immediately had the pain lessened. I made only 5 shots, but I don’t know I can continue to continue to be treated. After the injection, I have a head squeeze, some tides and tinnitus (which is a little grumbling), it’s not very pleasant. Rheumatologist she said that there should be no such side effects from Roumalon. Now I don’t know whether to continue to prick or not. Who faced this.
- Maria. Rumalon is a good drug, only they need to be treated for a long time, as it acts slowly. Improvement comes not immediately, but after a while. And the disease of arthrosis itself is not simple and easy. Familiar drug did not help, prescribed another.
Analogues of rumalon shots are drugs (list):
Before buying an analogue, consult your doctor.
Shelf life and storage conditions
Store at a temperature of 18-20 ° C, out of reach of children and protected from light.
Shelf life - 5 years.