Pharmatex is a clinical-pharmacological group of drugs vaginal contraceptives with spermicidal action. It is used to prevent unwanted pregnancy.
Benzalkoniya chloride has a destructive effect on sperm membranes - spermicidal effect. Fertilization becomes impossible. The complete destruction of sperm is carried out after 20 seconds after interacting with the contraceptive.
Additional antiseptic effect from the use of Pharmatex - antimicrobial activity against genital herpes, Staphylococcus aureus, trichomoniasis, gonorrhea, chlamydia. Against candida (thrush), gardnerella, syphilis, mycoplasmal infection, the drug is almost powerless.
Vaginal contraceptive with spermicidal action.
Terms of sale from pharmacies
Can be bought without a doctor's prescription.
How much is Pharmatex in pharmacies? The average price is at the level of 390 rubles.
Composition and release form
Pharmatex is available in the form of vaginal capsules, vaginal tablets, vaginal suppositories, vaginal cream, vaginal tampons.
The main active ingredient of Pharmatex is benzalkonium chloride.
As auxiliary substances are:
- vaginal capsules:
Dimethicone 1000, colloidal silicon dioxide, hydroxypropylcellulose, 7-glyceryl polyoxyethylene glycol gelatin, glycerol, macrogol 400;
- vaginal tablets:
anhydrous citric acid, sodium bicarbonate, magnesium stearate, silica hydrate, macrogol 6000, MCC, lactose;
- vaginal suppositories:
semisynthetic glycerides, hydroxypropylcellulose;
- vaginal cream:
dehydrated citric acid, macrogol, essence of lavender oil, sodium phosphate disubstituted dodecahydrate, ethylene glycol stearate, purified water;
- vaginal tampons:
lavender oil, polyglycol and glycol stearate, citric acid, purified water.
The active component of Pharmatex, being a spermicide and an antiseptic at the same time, destroys the membranes of spermatozoa, providing a contraceptive effect.
The use of Pharmatex according to the instructions significantly reduces the risk of pregnancy, but does not completely eliminate it. However, its effectiveness largely depends on the correctness of the application. The active ingredient is active against many pathogens that can cause a number of diseases that are sexually transmitted. To a greater extent, this applies to HIV, Chlamydia spp., Neisseria gonorrhoeae, Staphylococcus aureus, Trichomonas vaginalis, and Herpes simplex type 2. Weakly active against Haemophilus ducreyi, Candida albicans, Gardnerella vaginalis and Treponema pallidum, is no use of a person or a person for a person, and there is no use of a person is not for a manifestation of a person who is not for a person. Pharmatex has no effect on saprophytic vaginal microflora (including Doderlein's bacillus).
The active component is absorbed only on the surface of the walls of the vagina, the mucous membrane is not absorbed, and after use it is excreted with physiological secretions or can be removed by washing with water.
Indications for use
According to the instructions, Pharmatex can be used by any woman of reproductive age as a means of local contraception, if there are no contraindications to this, as well as:
- in the period after the birth of the child and during breastfeeding;
- with occasional need to prevent pregnancy;
- after abortion;
- in the presence of contraindications to the use of intrauterine device or oral contraceptives;
- in premenopause;
- when using oral contraceptives in case of being late and skipping taking the pill.
- as an additional means of local contraception in the presence of an intrauterine device or a vaginal diaphragm (especially during the period of taking NSAIDs).
There are several situations in which the use of vaginal tablets or Pharmatex suppositories is not recommended, these include:
- irritation and the appearance of ulcers on the mucous membrane of the vagina and cervix;
- increased sensitivity to any of the components of the drug.
Dosage and method of use
As indicated in the instructions for use, all forms of the drug Pharmatex are intended for vaginal use.
- Vaginal tablets. Lying on his back, the pill is inserted deep into the vagina no later than 10 minutes before sexual intercourse. The duration of the drug - 3 hours. Be sure to introduce a new pill before each repeated sexual intercourse. 1 tablet is designed for one intercourse.
- Vaginal capsules. Lying on his back, the capsule is inserted deep into the vagina no later than 10 minutes before sexual intercourse. The duration of the drug - 4 hours. Be sure to introduce a new capsule before each repeated sexual intercourse. 1 capsule is designed for one intercourse.
- Vaginal suppositories. Lying on his back, the suppository is inserted deep into the vagina no later than 5 minutes before sexual intercourse. The duration of the drug - 4 hours. Be sure to introduce a new suppository before each repeated sexual intercourse.
- Before the introduction vaginal cream The dispenser should be attached to the tube instead of the cap. Gently squeeze the contents of the tube until the dispenser is full (until the piston stops) so that air bubbles do not form. Disconnect the dispenser from the tube. Tuba close the lid. Lying on your back, insert the cream deep into the vagina using a dispenser, slowly pressing on the plunger. Duration of action - 10 hours. Be sure to introduce a new dose of cream before each repeated sexual intercourse. 1 dose (5 g of cream) is designed for one sexual intercourse.
- pain when urinating;
- burning sensation and itching in the vagina and / or penis of the partner;
- contact dermatitis;
- allergic reactions.
In the event of side effects should abandon the use of Pharmatex.
If the severity of side effects mentioned above increases or other side effects occur, you should consult a doctor.
Low systemic absorption minimizes the likelihood of an overdose. To date, there are no signs of overdose.
The effectiveness of contraception is associated exclusively with strict adherence to the rules of its use:
- introduce a capsule (tablet, suppository, cream) so that the selected dosage form penetrates as deeply as possible into the vagina, preferably in the supine position;
- wait until the capsule or tablet is completely dissolved in the vagina for at least 10 minutes, the suppository for at least 5 minutes so that the active substance is completely released;
- it is necessary to introduce a new capsule (pill, dose of cream, suppository) before each repeated sexual intercourse;
- It is prohibited to use soap for the toilet of the genital organs 2 hours before sexual intercourse and for 2 hours after intercourse, since soap, even in residual quantities, destroys the active ingredient Pharmatex;
- immediately after intercourse, external toilet of the genitals is possible only with clean water or with the help of the Foamingx non-soap foaming agent, which includes benzalkonium chloride; vaginal irrigation is carried out 2 h after intercourse;
- with Pharmatex, introduced into the vagina, you can not take baths, swim in the sea, pool and water bodies because of the danger of reducing the subsequent contraceptive action; since Pharmatex contains benzalkonium chloride, it is necessary to interrupt its use in case of any diseases of the vagina or their exacerbation;
- If it becomes necessary to treat vaginal diseases and / or prescribe any other drug vaginally, you must wait until the end of treatment before resuming (starting) contraception with Pharmatex.
Compatibility with other drugs
Iodine solutions (including 0.1% solution of iodonate) inactivate the drug.
Not recommended simultaneous use with drugs used vaginally. Any drug introduced into the vagina can inactivate the local spermicidal action of Pharmatex.
Soaps and solutions containing it can reduce the spermicidal effect of the drug. Do not irrigate the vagina before and after sexual contact, because soap, even traces of it, destroys the active substance.
We offer you to read the reviews of women who used Pharmatex:
- Margarita. Vaginal tablets (candles) are the most suitable for me in this series. They do not give me any discomfort, I have been using them for about a year and have not become pregnant. In addition, they make me “there” more wet, for me it is a kind of lubricant that I need, because there are moments that there is not enough lubrication. It’s good that you don’t have to enter in advance, that is, you want sex - in 5 minutes you can have it))) you don’t have to wait for anything.
- Tatyana. I have fever from fevermex, body aches, leg cramps, a terrible condition worse than the flu, and burning inside! that they generally need to be banned from selling!
- Marina. I have been using Farmatex gel for more than 8 years and no side effects or pregnancy, I am very pleased. Among all the contraceptive drugs I have ever used, the most comfortable, convenient and safe means I highly recommend for young girls. In addition, candles helped get rid of thrush.
In the presence of absolute or relative contraindications to the use of drugs, prescribe medications, similar in composition and action. The following analogues of Pharmatex are distinguished:
- Benatex. Vaginal suppositories with spermicidal action. Provide additional antiseptic and antifungal effects. The main active ingredient of the drug is benzalkonium chloride.
- Spermatex. Spermicidal contraceptive of local action, is available in the form of vaginal suppositories. The active ingredient of the drug is benzalkonium chloride. Contraindications to the use of spermatex are the period of pregnancy and lactation, as well as individual intolerance to the components of the drug.
- Erotex. Contraceptive preparation for local use, is available in the form of vaginal suppositories and cream. It has an antimicrobial effect, is widely used to treat bacterial vaginitis and candidiasis. It has a spermicidal effect and affects the thickening of cervical mucus, prevents sperm from entering the uterus.
Before buying an analogue, consult your doctor.
Shelf life and storage conditions
Store at a temperature not exceeding 25 ° C, protect children from falling into the hands. If the suppositories melt when exposed to high temperatures, it is necessary to substitute them under a stream of cold water or put them in a refrigerator to return to their original shape. The composition of the medicinal product will not change.
The shelf life of capsules Farmateks - 2 years. Shelf life of vaginal tablets and suppositories, as well as vaginal cream 1.2% - 3 years.